Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Engagement Photos by Vero Suh

Sunday Lori's coworker and friend Veronica Suh took our engagement photos. We met up at 7:30 in the morning in the Mission. We brought 3 different outfits and had 3 different locations. We struck a few poses in the Mission, hung around some bums, watched some skanks come in from their all night partying, Lori dented my Desoto laying on it (kidding!). And then we headed to Alamo Square for an outfit change.

We had to drive the Desoto into the city and park on a hill, my favorite thing in the Desoto. After laying in some cold, wet grass it was time to move on to location 3. Just as Lori and I started changing our clothes in my car, a bus of foreign tourists pulled up to start taking pictures of the Full House houses. Great. The second they saw my Desoto they flocked right to it and started taking pictures. And we're practically half naked. To make matters worse, in order to park on that hill, I chock my tire to keep it from rolling back. It's a delicate maneuver at best, especially on as steep of a hill. It was Lori's job to remove the chock while I pull the Desoto forward. Wouldn't you know, as soon as she hopped out, the tourists started screaming at her to pose beside the car. We got the hell out of there.

The last location was Fisherman's Wharf, another tourist spot, to take some pictures on the Carousel. We stuffed our faces with cotton candy, I almost puked, and the shoot was over. Veronica is a fun photographer to work with. And I pity her that she had to somehow make me look photogenic. Hopefully soon she'll have our pictures up, but for now she has this teaser up on her blog.

http://www.verosuh.com/blog/


And, not to forget, I didn't forget to do any art last night. I spent 2 1/2 hours watercoloring the drawing below, and another 40 minutes this morning. I think I have about an hour-half left. I'll post it when it's done.

No comments: