"Back From The Dead" would also be an appropriate title. I bought this bike almost exactly 3 years ago for the purpose of going on long distance rides with Lori easier. It was really snotty but ran. Once I took it home it became clear it had some issues. I tore open the forks and discovered no fork oil, just sewage water, and I swear, old leaves. So began a complete disassembly. I started working on it here and there, but we moved a number of times and the project just became forgotten.
I finally had enough and started diffing right back in.
I cleaned the engine up
And popped the top. I'll be replacing the cam chain, roller assembly, new rings, new gaskets, and lapping the valves. But that will be later after I get some more money.
Right now I'm concentrating on the chassis. I got the frame down to metal and painted.
And I cleaned the tires up. Elbow grease, WD-40 and 0000 steel wool do wonders.
I'm on a fast track to get this done, and for as cheaply as possible. Stay tuned for weekly updates. You can see all the pictures of the last few weeks here: