Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ticket Shock

There must have been an Alanis Morrisette song playing on my way home from work, my last day, yesterday. After 5 years of commuting by motorcycle, I got a ticket on my very last day. $180. Basically to avoid lane splitting for a 1/4 mile, I used an exit lane to by pass the traffic and take a break. Apparently this is a big no-no. A motorcycle cop pulled me over. The guy was super nice. Maybe that's his way of making so people don't rage on him. We talked about kids, how it was my last day, his years in the CHP. Still, he didn't let me go over it. Like I said, $180. This is karma for being an asshole, I guess.

So in the last month:
$105 for blocking a sidewalk at 8PM in San Francisco when I dropped off our dogs.
$500 deductible for the hit and run on our car.
$180 for this ticket.


I might as well work for free. It's a good thing we only have half our income now. Seriously, it's extremely depressing. I don't think I'm going to leave the house for a month.

No comments: