Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hack-A-Saw

It is amazing how hard it is to find 5 minutes to go do something for yourself with a newborn. And if you do, you feel you have to hurry up before the volcano erupts. It took me 6 hours to get away long enough to pick up dog shit today. I haven't rode a bike in a month, but I have found time to sneak all my motor parts upstairs to do one last look-thru for parts needed. It's amazing how much shit I need to fix this bike. I've probably bought about $1000 worth of motor parts in the last year to fix it up. I got a nice parts pile at Clubman's from Troop, and just sent him my final order, including my main bearings and nice new Premier 930 Amals. Once I get those bearings, I'm ready to assemble the bottom end. I'm trying hard to get this bike up and going. I've aged 7 years on this bike. I've become greyer, balder, fatter. I've seen multiple motorcycles and cars come and go, gained 2 dogs, a house, a wife, and a kid. I almost can't imagine riding this thing at this point, as I've been dreaming about it for so long.

I've probably posted these before, but back in (I believe) the 90's, this is how my '62 looked. Built by Hack-a-saw in Tennessee. He sold it and it traded hands a few times. I traded my first '63 Galaxie for this bike.






This is how I got it right before I moved to California from Ohio. After 3 days I got it running. It oozed oil from every orifice. It ran for about 5 minutes before the primary chain exploded.


...........soooooooon (?)

No comments: