Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Black Velvet

Growing up an Ohio country boy I was surrounded by country interior decor, taxidermy, barn-wood wood paneling, yard geese, ceramic roosters, and a big 'ol wood stove on a hearth. One specific item always stuck out to me and it was this black velvet painting of a deer. I love this painting. I'm sure others don't see the beauty in it, but this is 1970's midwestern museum quality artwork. Needless to say, I asked my parents to bring it to Californee for me. I was unable to convince Lori to let me hang it in the house, which I expected. But I imagine someday I will have a man room with worn leather chairs, a fine whiskey collection, a humidor, old wood book cases, and this painting prominently placed on a wall. Max will inherit this bad boy.

No comments: