Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

I flew all the way from Grass valley and boy are my arms tired...

Well, I'm home and alive. It was a long, cold ride up, but sunny. I took the scenic route by Isleton and up to Marysville and east on 20. I arrived at Paco's Tacos just as things were getting started. Quite a good turnout, much more organized than anything I can accomplish around here. I was pretty pooped and anti-social, but that turned around after a few drinks. I was amazed at how many people stopped me and mentioned this blog. Crazy.

I'd love to post pictures but I lost my camera. Completely my fault, too. After the evening wound down we headed to Safeway to get some drinks. As we were leaving, Pops ran out of gas. I popped by gas tank off and drained some into his. I took my satchel that had my rain gear, a couple tools, and the camera off me, and hung it on a barrier post so I could move around easier. It was dark, and of course I forgot it when we left. I didn't even realize it until this morning as I was about to leave. FML. I'm sure some tweaker took it.

But I had a good time with the boys. I tried to sew my patch on but broke their sewing needle. We got some greasy spoon food in us this morning and then I left. Chicago was rad and gave me some nice gloves to wear. And Pops let me borrow snowboard gear for the rainy ride home. I was nice and warm and dry. Troop, B.S., Pops, Chicago, thanks so much guys.

No comments: