Pages

Thursday, June 8, 2017

1955 Triumph is a roller

I have been slowly productive on the '55. I've been juggling it with my '62 rebuild and some side projects. The motor is in LA with Wes awaiting completion.

My 62 and 55 motors together. NOW KISS


Polished my gearbox cover


Made all my motor mount hardware, CEI. I'm trying to keep all the hardware British. It has a certain look that I want.


My helper


Spray bombed the wheels and put some Ensign Trials Universal tires on


Pulled the bent swingarm back


Made an order with ACE in the UK for a bunch of chassis bits I needed to finish the rolling chassis.


And this is how it sits (mockup motor and exhaust). I boiled the oil tank and the white house paint came off revealing a similar paint scheme to the 3 gallon gas tank I picked up, weird and cool for now. While the motor is being finished I plan on rebuilding the gearbox, doing all the gas tank repairs (new bottom bungs and badge bungs), and building the bash guard. I picked up a Haifley Bros seat and ppad. Debating having a TT style seat made. The bike may have 2 modes, street and dirt.




No comments: