Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bikes On The Bay

Last Sunday was Bikes on the Bay in Capitola (near Santa Cruz). A bunch of old cool bikes and a small swap. The swap was pretty weak but I did pick up a banged up 21" wheel, which I hope to fix, and a way cool oil filter/cooler. You can see all the pics here. And here are some of my favorites.

1952 Triumph Thunderbird (650cc). I talked to this guy for a while. He had the bike imported from Australia. He seemed pretty impressed of my knowledge of them and that a young guy cared about old bikes.


Then right next to it was a 1954 SpeedTwin (500cc). I have quite a love for the rigid Triumphs. If I could own ONE bike it would be probably the Thunderbird above.


Here's an old Indian. That cannister on the bars held acetylene to power the gas headlight and tail light.


An obvious unrestored barn-find Excelsior. I love the exposed valves.


Another unrestored bike, an old Yamaha racer.


My favotite pic of the day, found in a 1950 F-1 pickup


And this the booty I came home with, nothing exciting... except that oil tank.

No comments: