Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Tiny Bubbles

I couldn't say how long I've been trying to get the RD to run correctly. I've been chasing jetting issues for years perhaps. And in the end, it suddenly dawned on me that it might not be a jetting issue at all. During another test ride where the bike died on the freeway, I pulled over and noticed my right fuel line seemed very low and full of bubbles. Was I depriving the carb of fuel because of the way the fuel line went up to the filter and back down? The answer was apparently "YES". I rerouted the tubing and took it on a test ride. No more loss of power at freeway speed. Amazing... all this time barking up the wrong tree. I'm still stuck at a top speed of 80mph, so I'm going to bump the main up to 230s from 220s and see if that helps. I am now much more inclined to do all needed maintenance on this bike. I KNEW YOU STILL LOVED ME RD!

No comments: