Wednesday, June 26, 2013


I had to wait a couple weeks for my billet sump plate to come in, but it was worth the wait. This time I didn't use sealant and just greased both sides of the gaskets. I didn't have enough stud thread to use a washer, but it looks like it's fine. I torqued things down to 5 ft/lbs, added 4 oz of oil, no leaks so far!

My gearbox was leaking... again! So I drained the oil and chased every hole with a drill bit to chamfer, sealed every single bolt, and reassembled. No leaks here either! I greased the timing cover gasket and sealed up the lower bolts. And I did the same for the primary. I will do my damndest to keep this thing from pissing itself.

Next up is mounting the exhaust. I have had a hell of a time getting the funnel tips to attach securely. They are meant for 1-7/8" O.D. pipe, and my headers flare to 1-3/4". I had to make reducer sleeves and pinch the hell out of the tips to remove any gap. After ordering 2 wrong sized clamps, I need a 2" I.D. to finish it off. But I could take her down right now and ride around if I wanted!

No comments: