Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Neglected Ones

They're always in the back of my mind, and I just don't have enough love to give out to everyone. But today I did.

Lori's Dream:
It hasn't been ridden in a couple of months. I sat in the DMV (WITH MAX!) for 90 minutes and played the registration game. She is now fully registered and plated and thus legal! Truly the only fully functional bike in the house! I turned on the key today and she started first kick! Now to get Lori to get back in the saddle.

The RD:
The last adventure with the RD left me stranded about 4 miles away. I thought it was running great after bumping the jets up even more (my highway top speed was about 60mph). Apparently I went too far, and it fouled like crazy. I bumped the jets back down to 27.5/220 today. Next opportunity I get for Lori to watch Max, another test ride is in order.


The XS:
I've been staring at a disassembled top end for a while now. I've been waiting for reviews to come in about the $80 (vs $180) piston/ring set from Japan on ebay. It's getting good reviews. I bit the bullet and ordered a set yesterday. My machinist has been holding my barrels for months now waiting. Time to get a move on!


No comments: