I was bequeathed 2 hours of shop time yesterday. To stay focused I made a to-do list for the XS. I only made it a few items down the list as everything always takes longer than you think it will.
I put new shrink wrap on the alternator and brush wires, and made a new bracket to keep the wires away from the chain. I spent about a half hour looking for the chain, eventually finding it on the Triumph table. Oops.
I got the new clutch cable on. I've noticed these universal cheap-o levers do not seem to have the right size circular hole for the cable nub, it's too big. It takes a bit of finagling to get things to sit right. Anyway, it doesn't seem like I accomplished that much, but at least I'm that much further down the road.