Pages

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anatomy of A Wolf Whistle Install

Everything, repeat, everything takes longer than you think it will. I busted my butt to get the wolf whistle installed before the cruise night yesterday. My biggest issues were hose routing and finding a good place to mount the whistle. Where I put it seems pretty simple and dumb-dumb, but it took me a while to get to that point. I also ran into some issues with my ball check valve/2" brass extension breaking where I JB Welded it, so I had to subsitute it, for now, with just a piece of 3/8" galvanized. I happened to have a powder-coated white L-bracket to use as a mount. And I used an old piece of brake line to stick in the firewall, the flare making a nice transition (this is why I never throw anything away, you never know when you'll need it). I have a few more tweaks, like mounting under the ehater control, but it's mostly good to go. Took me 3 hours to do. And I definitely used it a bunch last night.







No comments: