Monday, February 8, 2010

Triumph Update

Spent all Saturday morning sanding and polishing the Bultaco brake plate. This thing must have taken quite some abuse on the track. Tons of pits and scratches. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I need a better polishing tool for the rim, or I need to just disassemble it. Which I probably should since it is incredibly out of true. I also made the spacer for between bearings.

As it is, there is almost no room between the forks. I think I'm going to sand down flat the protrusion on the brake plate to give myself another 1/4" of leaway so I can move to wheel closer to center. I also need to make the inner bearing to brake plate spacer, and both outer spacers.

I did make this tool to tighten the forks. It's not pretty but it works.

Until next time.

1 comment:

guinessplease said...

hey man, great idea on the seal holder tool...i have been thinkin about how to make a tool for that and im likely going to copy your idea if ya don't mind. bike looks sweet.