Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's a snap!

Yesterday I tackled aligning my rear wheel. It took me about an hour and a half to solve the puzzle, but I finally got it. I had to shorten some spacers, increase others, but now the chain is straight and true and the tire finally runs center and looks so much better. One of the big problems was the allen bolts holding the sprocket to the hub were just a tad too long and were rubbing the brake plate. I shaved them down and now all fits good. The fender was still a little wonky, so I kept trying to coerce it into shape when all of a sudden *POP!* One of the tack welds snapped and then the whole fender fell perfectly in place. I love it when a plan comes together!

Dad is making me a couple more pieces on the lathe so I can redo the brake lever mount and chain tensioner. Then it's just a few minor tweaks and I can start tearing it down and rebuilding the motor. It's been 4 long years of slowly acquiring parts and tools to make this thing. I can't friggin wait to ride it.



No comments: