Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

Ton Up Ride

My sore butt and wind burned face bare the tell tale signs of a Ton Up ride from yesterday. I took my XS650 down to Woodside area and the Santa Cruz Mountains to meet up with the Ton Up guys for their monthly ride.

On the way down my mirror flew off. I managed to catch it in midair at 80 mph and stuff it in my crotch until I could pull over. 5 minnutes later my seat brackets broke and my seat basicially shifted backwards 6". Then 2 miles away from my exit and 5 minutes before the meet I ran out of gas. I stood there like a jackass hoping a biker would go by to give me some gas. Luckily a good samaritan drove me to a gas station to fill up.

After all that I managed to get to the meeting spot only 20 minutes late. We rode through the Santa Cruz mountains like maniacs. Apparently the cops are ticketing people for anything, even 3 mph over the speed limit. Luckily for us we didn't see any. We did see a unicylist, a spooked horse almost take us all out, and plenty of other bikers. We ended up in San Jose where I jetted back home. My butt was sore, my back tired. Clip ons are fun on the twisty roads, but they are a pain on long distance runs. Here's some non riding pics.





No comments: