Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Smoke 'em if you got 'em

I've probably used that title before. So today was the day. My RD350 has been down for 2-1/2 years. Moving, money, time... it's always been put aside. I finally got the engine rebuilt, my first time. I had my buddies Larry and Diego, experts, over to help me jet the carbs and time the engine. After they did their magic which consists of tossing Rune stones, random guessing, and pixie dust, it started the 3rd kick. That puts a smile on my face!

Mods:
Bore increase, Wiseco pistons
Y-boot and K&N Air filter
Radio Shack Home Alarm battery
DG Exhaust Chambers

Issues:
1. I lost the clutch retaining clip so I had to put the side cover off my RD400 on instead. Currently using that side cover and clutch pushrod. Need to buy a new retaining clip.

2. Leaking oil out of the push rod seal. I think it's a faulty seal.

3. Petcock needs rebuilt. Seems to be a bit leaky.

4. Points and concenser need replaced. Just maintenance and needed to be able to time correctly.

Other than that it's all cosmetic. I just need to break it in and it's smokin' time!
Make sure to watch in HD!






No comments: