Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

C25K

I have nothing else to write about so I might as well write about my self improvement attempts. Lori and I both want to be super thin for the wedding, which is 9 months away. As motivation she entered us in a 5K in May. Now we have a goal.

So I'm doing the Couch Potato to 5K plan (C25K). www.c25k.com
I'm combining it with Calorie Count caloriecount.about.com

I'm only on Week 2 (I'm really on week 4 of exercise and diet monitoring) but it's starting to slowly be engrained into my life. I started off hesitant, reluctant, negative. I was quite content with my love of food. But now I actually look forward to pushing myself and that runner's high afterwards.

Do I miss junk food and fried food? YES. But, the healthy food we make is really damn good, too. Having someone around to push you certainly helps. I started at 205, I'm down to 200, and I have a goal of 185. The only thing I need is motivation.

Let's do this! UNGH!

3 comments:

JessX said...

whooo! good luck to the both of you. you know what helps? watching you are what you eat on BBC america. cause you realize that you don't want to end up like the people on there.

it's funny but i'm trying to do the complete opposite for your wedding! or one would think the way i've been eating lately. i blame it on needing winter weight to survive the cold. ^_-

Anonymous said...

Yah, wow... I haven't been to the gym in 4 months, not sure what will show up to your wedding- Ross and I will either be two beached whales or or some roaming hipos... As long as there isnt a need to be seen in a swimsuit, im good :)

Anonymous said...

I lost last year 45lbs using the caloriecount.about.com website, running, and keeping a food journal. Writing down everything you eat and adding up the calories is an eye opener. Good luck.

Michael
"jahluv" over the Jockey Journal