Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cruisin' on easy street

I changed my sprockets and chain on the KLR last weekend. The rear sprocket was pretty snaggletoothed, but the front sprocket really wasn't so bad. The chain was pretty wrecked, though. It sounded like ball-bearings being run through a threasher. It's currently got just over 17,000 miles on it, so I've almost put 10,000 miles on it since November. The guy before me changed the stock 15/43 to a 15/42 for a bit better highway riding. I changed it to a 16/43 for even better highway riding. Wow, what a difference. It's like butter. At 75mph my RPMs went from 5300 to 4800. I can cruise 80 really easily now, and before I was a bit nervous about blowing the engine. It is just a single, after all...

16T


43T & new o-ring chain


Moved my wheel base up an 1"!

No comments: