Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Pruned

Yesterday it was pouring rain, windy, and cold for the second Sunday in a row. And for the second Sunday in a row I actually went out and ran. Next Sunday is the Petaluma Foot Race and I want to be as prepared as possible. My goal yesterday was to do 3.1 miles without stopping to walk and I accomplished that goal. But I got soaked. Majorly soaked. And I was definitely cold and pruned. I'm probably a little bit crazy for even going out. My coworker had a 1/2 marathon yesterday and it took her 3 hours, so I can't complain too much. I'm slowly building my stamina back up. It feels good to be able to do 3 miles again, especially since about a month ago I couldn't do 1/2 a mile without major pain and exhaustion. The body is an amazing thing; stick with it, and it will reward you. Lori and I have also started running at 5:30 A.M. on Tuesday mornings as well.

Here are my last 4 runs

Sunday April 11

Thursday April 8

Tuesday April 6

Sunday April 3

No comments: