Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Closure

I received this email this weekend:



Hi Jason,

My name is Sam & I live about 20 miles north of Keith in rural South Australia. My wife Amy & I live on part of the family farm (my inlaws) which is predominantly livestock sheep & cattle.

First of all I'd like to thank you for an incredibly awesome car & the time you took to answer our questions & supply an almost endless amount of photos.

This thing drives like magic! We picked up the car in Shepparton (Victoria) & drove it over 350 miles to our place at Keith & it didn't miss a beat the whole way. We sat on about 50mph to test things out at the start of the trip & by the end it had no trouble sitting on 65mph.

I am extremely happy with the '53 & after a lot of inspecting I can quite easily say that it is in just as good a condition, if not better, than I expected. I can't thank you enough for your honesty & integrity during the whole process.

I've started doing a few things already, starting with some of the electrical issues like the fuel gauge & the wipers. Everytime I work on the car I can't believe that something 60 years old is so complete, original & in mint condition. I've worked on cars less than ten years old which have suffered much more at the hands of the wrong people, so for this to be so good just amazes me! It is a real credit to yourself & the former owners of this car at the condition it has been preserved in, as well as the multitude of spares that have managed to stay with the vehicle.

In the future I have plans to fully rewire the car, reupholster, remove some of the rust which is starting to pop up on the lower doors & rear guards & generally just tidy things up. I love the colour & the mild custom look that you had going, so I will just be following on from that.

I will try & keep you updated on the progress I make with the car as I can tell that it wouldn't have been the easiest decision to part ways with her.

I just wanted to let you know that the Desoto has gone to a great home where it will loved & appreciated for many years to come.

Hope to keep in touch,

Regards, Sam









No comments: