Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Saga of my RD

5 years ago this.

Then 2 years ago Larry and Diego came over and we got it running after the rebuild.

Well this weekend, she started up for the first time in 2 years. The battery, which was new at the time, doesn't hold a strong charge (even though it was on trickle charge), so I had to borrow the XS' battery. It took me a lot of carb adjustments to get to this point. It's idling rich, so I need to get some more pilot jets.

Here's where it's at:
220 Main jet
Needle Clip richest setting
25 Pilot jet
Air screw 1.5 turns out
Float is 15mm/ parallel
Fuel mix is 36:1

When I get those smaller pilot jets (22.5 and 20), I'll try those. Then I can move on to the main jet which I can already tell is too rich. I'm becoming a pro getting these carbs on and off efficiently and quickly.

No comments: