Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

On Any Wasted Sunday

I spent all, and I mean all, of Sunday mounting the rear fender and fitting the old hardtail's sissy bar. It was a major PITA. I'm not whining, but in the end, after all the attempts to make it work, I hate it. It's embarrassingly crooked. The old sissy bar (the second one I made) was symmetrical, but the hardtail is not, it sticks out on the chain side. Try as I could, it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. I stared at it, tried to convince myself it was "good 'nuff," and I can't do it. So, this weekend I'll be asking my shop assistant Lori to help me make a 3rd one. P.S. Pops, lay some of them smooth TIG beads for me, please!





Old microphone headlight I made finally got mounted.


Looks good from this angle. Trust me, it's not.


Ooh, artsy

No comments: