Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tools

I woke up this morning at 5 AM all worked up with my adrenaline flowing and couldn't get back to sleep. I had dreamed I went to an estate sale for an old timer mechanic who had died, and they were selling off all his tools. Dozens of guys like me were running around with their heads cut off trying to get the gold before anyone else. "Mine!' "Claimed!" "Spoken for!" Everyone was freaking out. Have you ever seen clips of wedding dress sales where all the women come charging in, tripping over each other? It was like that.

My dream was obviously inspired by an email I got from an estate sales company notifying me of a sale tomorrow in Oakland for an old timer with tons of tools. I can't go, I just don't have any money, but I can only imagine the amount of gold in that garage. I really need a drill press, tig welder, band saw, table top belt sander and wire wheelm and a metal lathe.

Maybe another time.

No comments: