Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Charlie Don't Chirp

About a week ago Lori and I were watching a movie and she started hearing this chirping sound in the house. We tried to track it down and finally pinpointed it in the computer room. It sounded like a trapped bird in the wall or ceiling. I got the ladder out of the garage, and armed with my motorcycle gloves, helmet, and a broom, went into the attic for the first time since we've lived there (over 2 years). I didn't find a bird. And there wasn't much of anything up there except for one lonely, dusty box. I brought the box down and it was full of photos from Vietnam, circa 1969. Most were just the typical site-seeing photos, a few were of the barracks and machines of war, some were smiling GI's and Vietnamese people. Lori and I spent an hour going through them. Pretty boring for the most part, but there were a few good ones in the bunch. Here are some of my favs.

Click for a bigger image


Just a note on the chirping. It went away after that night and returned a week later. I finally found it. It was the fan on the computer. I think the bearings are going out!

No comments: