Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tiki Party Tonight!

We're having a bitchin' tiki themed party this weekend at our pad. It's our 8 months belated house warming party. There's going to be food, music, food, and lots of tiki drinks. In preparation for this sware, I've been digging up some tuneage and have come upon some cool bands like...

The Mermen
The Neptunas
King of Hawaii
Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
The Ghastly Ones
Los Tiki Phantoms

So two things.

First I want to bring up Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. You may have heard his amazing rendition of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". It's rad, right? Well he's DEAD. DEAD AS A DOORKNOB. After looking him up, I was shocked to see the guy was ginourmously obese.



He died in 1997. I seriously suggest you check his music out.

The other thing I want to mention are Los Tiki Phantoms out of Spain. I was looking on their page and saw this drawing:



I dug in some more and discovered the artist is Fermín Solís. His website is chocked full of cool caricature/cartoon based illustrations which I just eat up. Go check it out!

1 comment:

JessX said...

i'm jealous i want to go to a tiki party. why do you live so far away?