Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

$400 Make Me Holla and Cuss and Piss and Moan and...

I got the official word from the machine shop, my barrels are so out of spec they weren't even sure how the bike ran. I've put about 15,000 miles on a "rebuilt" XS. When I pulled the barrels off, the hone marks looked brand new. My best guess is the previous owner's rebuild was a hone on the cylinders and putting standard sized rings back in... when they should have probably gone to next oversize. Needless to say a $100 head job has become a $400 job. I've been spending a lot of money lately. Have I mentioned I'm not generating an income? This is quite possibly the last of the Desoto money.

1 comment:

Quaffmeister said...

Rather be holding the parts and thinking about the money rather than vice versa.
Keep the faith man!