Monday, September 3, 2012


I got a 2 hour block of garage time yesterday and busted ass to get as much metal finishing as I could get done. My neighbor stopped by and helped which really helped get things done. Most of the parts, including the oil tank, needed for chrome are blasted and wire wheeled. A couple pieces are painted. I didn't get the frame fully ready for paint yet, one more hour of work and I think it will be ready. I'm just going to use good 'ol black appliance enamel as I've had good luck with it. I was going to paint the frame to match the tank, but I think black is the way to go. The fender needs a hair bit of smoothing, some primer, some filler, and some more primer. It will probably be that way until I can afford to get it painted to match the tank.

1 comment:

BitMonkey said...

Damn. When I first saw the picture I thought you'd figured out a way to harvest Pre-Unit parts in your backyard...