Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

HEY! WOW! PROGRESS! Oh wait...

I was planning on having a sweet update of a re-assembled gearbox. I put in the new bushings and bearings. Then I discovered I was missing a small dowel for the inner cover. Drat! Then I discovered I was sent the wrong damn high gear bearing! The high gear wouldn't even go through. I then had to destroy the oil seal and remove the bearing. After a lot of "who to blame" investigation, I discovered that the supplier had marked the wrong bearing on the package. The part number is correct, the bearing isn't. The one I received has a 1-1/8" I.D., and the correct one is 1-1/4". Because the vendor I purchased from has decided to opt-out of responsibility and taken my money on other parts, I contacted JRC directly and am hoping they'll swap it for me.







1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You have done an impressive job and our whole community will be grateful to you.


Xtreme Tattoo Supplies