Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

El Smasho

I went to pick up a bike in Oakland and I had the trailer pop off the hitch going 70 mph. Max was with me. Scared the crap out of me; I'd never had one come off before. I pulled over immediately as it happened and I could feel the trailer sliding back and forth on the cables (they should be chains). On the side of the road I tried to slow gingerly, but the trailer kept smashing into the back of the CX-9. I thought it would be a mess back there. Many kind people honking at me as they go by. Thanks for the concern fellow humans. I can only assume it wasn't all the way down on the ball. I even checked leaving our place and down the street, it felt odd. I knew something was up. I should have just raised it and lowered it again to be sure. No damage to the car. The utility box on the trailer smashed into the hitch. Now I have a nice dented trailer box to remind me I'm an idiot. Luckily the trailer was empty, and Max didn't even notice the sweat coming down dad's forehead, he was singing "Let It GO."

No comments: