Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

The Candyman Beezer

I'm back. I actually missed keeping a blog. It's nice to have a pictorial timeline of events in your life. I missed keeping updates on my bikes and Max, too. The main problem is my gallery isn't functioning properly anymore, I need to update it or get a new one.

The big news of the last 2 months is I finally got it. I've been pursuing this BSA, a 1950 B33, for 5 years, my personal unicorn. My buddy Danny, who found it in 2008, finally decided I should be the rightful caretaker. Story is there was a dilapidated house in North Hollywood with some old cars outside my buddy had been admiring for years. One day he stopped by and there was an old guy cleaning up. He asked about the cars, they weren't for sale, but the old dude told him he had something else. Apparently his brother had just died and left a house full of loaded guns and this Beezer. The brother went by "Candyman." There was also Candyman's leather jacket, which Danny's friend bought, full of strip club match books. The bike looks to have been customized in the 60's, last registered in '68, then put away for 40 years. 21" front wheel, MC Enterprises side-mount headlight, BT&E tail light, green metal flake paint, and some chrome. I'll be trying to maintain the character and get it mechanically sound. I want to keep it as a running time capsule. I'll get it running first then work on the chassis internals. It needs the primary cover screws, gasket, and some footpegs. The mag had been gone through and shoots a nice bright spark. But my gut tells me I will eventually need to go through the motor.

As found, out in the sunshine for the first time in decades








After a carb rebuild, it started right up.


Max loves it!


Replaced the worn front Dunlop with a temporary tire. I'm not spending any money on this bike for a bit.

Lots of meat on the brake pads.


I finally found the right bike for the stainless bars Front St made me years ago.

No comments: