Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Catching Up

It's been 2 weeks since I've updated, and with good reason: It's been an exhausting 2 weeks. Max went through a horrific screaming phase, perhaps pre-teething, and it just left us pulling our hair out. We tried quite a few different tactics. In the end, the best solution has been a 7:30 bedtime routine (feed, play, shower, read a story, feed, and put asleep in his crib). He was waking up almost every hour at night, but we've got him down to about 3 times. This is karma biting us in the butt, I suppose. Our first 3 1/2 months were relatively easy while our friends had a rough going. Now their kids are sleeping through the night and Max is up. But at least it's tolerable now.

And being a stay at home dad has been way more work than I ever imagined. Max needs constant attention. His naps have only been lasting 30-40 minutes, so I use that time to do as many chores as I can. Max is on the verge of walking, and I definitely know he will be a handful. I have almost forgot about my hobbies. I'm only reminded of them when I go downstairs for something and we catch a fleeting glimpse of each other. On the flipside, I have been relatively busy with some freelance artwork, so I'll post that as soon as I can.

In the meantime, here's some Max catchup...











No comments: