Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's all been a blur

The last few months, actually the last year, have been insanity. Prepping a house for sale, packing (so much packing), storage, open houses, money exchanges, trying to find a new house, moving in, repairs... each stage has been long and difficult and stressful. But we made it. We got the hell out of Oakland for Max. No more hopping over needles, or dealing with bum shit in our driveway, or having to listen to all the wonderful sounds of the inner city like screaming, donks and baggers, and gun shots. That may be what some want, but not us. We got out and we moved to a amazing, almost rural-feeling part of Walnut Creek, something we never imagined would happen. Max now has a safe street to play on, a safe neighborhood, walking distance to a great park, good schools. We have an amazing mid-century house on 1/3 acre. We could not have asked for better. We love everything about our house and our street and our neighbors and neighborhood. Lori sacrificed and now has an over-hour long commute, but she comes home to peace and a beautiful home. I had to downgrade to a standard-size garage, but I got an automatic garage door, a lot of property (for a city), and the fact that literally no one comes down this street that doesn't live here.

This blog has been spotty at best. In the last few months my gallery broke, my domain expired, and I lost a lot of organization. All that is fixed and I'm hoping to get back into documenting my life with my family and my motorcycles. I've had a blog since 1995, and I don't want to stop now. Other than 6 hours of sleep a night, my life is 95% devoted to Max (we got the pick of the litter), and all my other free time is spent on improving our house and home. But I still try to sneak in some 2-wheel fun. Here's to a new life!





No comments: