Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Inspections

Friday we had our house inspection. As we expected there were very few and mostly minor issues with the house; the most important being the water heater venting was poorly installed. So yesterday we had 3 HVAC dudes come over to give estimates on repairs. Just so you know, these guys make a killing on very minor repair work. Anyway, after the inspections our friends (and now neighbors) came over to look at the house with us. We were wrapping up when one of the 3 owners (sons of the previous owner) stopped by to move the garbage bins. We were both surprised to see each other and finally meet. We got to talking, expressing how much we love the house and can't wait to make it our own. That we were keeping the original charm and could feel the love that was in the house. He seemed on the edge of tears seeing that house was going to someone who would appreciate it and couldn't wait to tell his brothers.

Also, earlier we had seen our older neighbors across the street pulling out their driveway in a '49/'50 Ford coupe. When we were about to leave they pulled back in, so I ran over to introduce myself. I quickly told them we were moving in, and that I owned a '53 Desoto, about cruise night on first Friday, etc, etc. They seemed enthused to see another gearhead moving in. They informed me they had lived there since 1988 and how much the area has changed and improved, that we were moving into a great neighborhood. As I was leaving they called me back over and told me they had our back if we ever needed anything, and that's how the neighborhood worked.

Can I get a Hallelujah on our new neighborhood?

No comments: