Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Under My Thumb

I'm one of the few people on this planet who can go to his office job and smash his thumb with a hammer. I spent 5 hours in the ER on Monday, broke my left thumb up the bone vertically, lost my thumb nail, and my nail bed was lacerated to the bone. I won't be able to ride for at least 2 months. But they gave me some good narcotics.

While I sat in my room, the guy beside me died. People were screaming in the ER. And my thumb wouldn't stop bleeding (profusely). My area looked like a war site. But my doc used to ride a bunch of brit bikes so he was a good conversationalist.

What happened was I was taking apart a 6' metal frame with a hammer and block of wood, smacking the hammer on it's side to knock the pieces apart. Someone came to our office and slammed the door because I was making too much noise. That threw me off just a split second. Wack.



1 comment:

Moped said...

Motherfucking ouch.